Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Day 365- Onto The Next Chapter

Wow! 365 days sure does go by fast. I remember writing my first post like it was yesterday. And when you think about it, it sort of was. When you look at the beautiful, long life most of us are blessed with, a year is nothing. However, when you are living each day completely miserable a year can seem like forever. I know this because I've lived that way. I'm happy to say though, no longer am I living that way.

I feel like this past year I have come so far. I've both grown and changed more in these last 365 days than I did in the previous 27 years of my life. I've learned a lot about the society we live in, about my family, about my friends; but mostly I've learned about myself. The best part, I feel like there is still so much I can learn. I think we all know ourselves well to a point, but just like others we can't know everything. We are always changing.

A lot of times in life when we think we know exactly how something is going to go, our entire world can flip on us. A lot of times life throws us curve balls and we can feel betrayed. Our family can betray us, our friends can betrays us, our coworkers can betray us, our society can betrays us; and if you're like me, our bodies can betray us. But as cliche as it is, all we can do is choose how to deal with those curves.

For me, I finally decided it was time to fight back. I was no longer happy with how I was dealing with life's letdowns and betrayals so I decided to do something about it. I decided to be brave and admit that there was a problem and that it was bigger than myself. I knew I could not do it on my own so I sought help. With the love and support of many I found an outlet that I not only enjoyed but strived at. It was the combination of motivation, support, and rediscovering a love of mine that pulled me out of the dark hole I was in.

So why would I want that to end? Why would I want to cut something out of my life that has not only been so beneficial, but something I enjoy? After much thought I decided I'm not. So, if you're interested I'm going to keep this journey going. Things will change though. Instead of coming up with my own ideas I am going to be going off a yearly journal prompt. I will also have a new blog address. You can find my new blog at mynext365chapter.blogspot.com and see what I write about each day.

So how did I come cross this idea? A few months ago I found a website that has a similar idea as this blog. A women took her love of stationary and turned it into a business. As an idea she posted a blog for an entire year for those who bought her journals could follow. Each day she prompts her followers with a topic that they are suppose to take and write on. I am going to do this and see if I can learn something new about myself by answering the questions of someone other than myself.

Once again thank you to everyone who supported me and this journey. I hope you all follow me on my next chapter: 365 Days Continued: Journey As A New Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment